Friday, August 17, 2007

Future MILF Weigh-In (This one's for The Walrus)

Starting Weight: 229
Previous Weight: 190
Current Weight: 188
Pounds lost: 2
Total lost: 41

Well, two pounds since Saturday shouldn't be anything to sneeze at, but I am not quite sure why the scale didn't move better this week. My only thought is that I just wasn't consuming enough calories. That happens with me. I get so bored with the options that I just forgo them altogether.

Don't get me wrong... I am in the 180s now, and I am thrilled with that.

I have to say that through all of this -the losses, the stalls, the cravings, the giving in of cravings - the one thing that sticks out as my beacon is The Walrus. He is a constant positive reinforcement for all of my dedication and hard work. Nearly daily, he tells me he is proud of me. Daily he looks at me and says, "I can really tell". Daily he says, "You can do it, baby!" And it's not because he has to say it. He means it.

I might not have as much strength if he weren't by my side in the journey. I'm pretty sure of it. He is someone I can always count on, someone I have always counted on. Even when I confess to a treat cheat, he let's me know that I haven't failed. That is important to me.

He is important to me. And this post is for him.

(not that the dedication of a weight-loss post is all that special, but I think he'll appreciate it?)

No comments: