Monday, June 4, 2007

Holy Fatness, Batman!

I'm a brand new me, alright. I'm at the highest weight I've ever been (excluding pregnancy). Not gonna post it on this blog, though, because I'm still trying to hide the number from my hubby. My plan is to tell him I what I weighed before I lost all the weight.

I am going to check out the Fit For Life method. Going to keep doing some research/reading/asking around, but I will report my findings here.

I know a few people who have been following the philosophy of The Secret. Anyone out there have testimonials to it? I'm a typical bandwagon jumper-on-er, but for some reason, I haven't totally bought into this yet. However, I do agree that being positive about yourself is important.

So, I am going to be turning over a few new leaves today.

1) Gotta get this weight off. So sick of the MIL referring to herself and me as the "short, round ones." I am ready for her to have no more reason to call me "round", unless I get blessed with another bun in my oven.

2) Gotta DECLUTTER! Oy! So much crap around here. Where does it all come from, and where should it all go. Someone just recommended Organized Home and I've skimmed it a bit. Seems to have some tips that will really work for me.

3) Cut out more icky chemicals, bring in more natural stuff. I'm doing well with this. I've cut out soda (or pop, if you prefer) thus drastically reducing my intake of artificial sweeteners. I've switched from aluminum-filled, Parkinson's-inducing commercial deodorant to a deodorant stone. I'm not a sweaty person, so the anti-perspirant isn't necessary (or healthy) and the deodorant stone actually works. No stinky Nikki here! Also, (TMI WARNING!) I've been without tampons for a year, using a Diva Cup instead. Seriously, ladies, it's not as scary as you might think.

So many more things need to change and I know it's baby steps, but I am going to do it. Can someone PLEASE hold me accountable?

1 comment:

erin said...

I am so with you, I have been losing the same 20 pounds for the past 2 years!!! Why is it so hard to lose but way too easy to gain it back?!!!