Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It Was A Good Day!

Today, the girls and I went to Bay Beach with their grandparents. What an amazing place that costs little ($.25 per ticket, and the rides are not more than 2 tickets; kiddie rides are one), even at the concession stands. I think a hamburger was $1.50. (Don't get the chicken filet - it's fried!). After several rides, watching the smiles on my girls' faces, lunch, ice cream (none for me, of course), and a terrible storm that knocked over a tree, we headed home. We were tired, dirty, stinky, and oh-so-happy. Miss Serious asked that I get a job there so she can be there every day while I work. A two-hour ride is a bit much for a commute, my dear, but I do love your enthusiasm!

We stopped at home to get The Walrus and then headed to the YMCA. My dear friend, Supermiffy, called and talked me into joining a Body Pump class with her tonight. I couldn't bear not to do my usual workout, but time only allowed me 15 minutes for it, and I burned 235 cals. in that time. Well, then I did Body Pump for an hour. I hate that workout, but it hurts so good. It's a cardio/strength training mix, and I am not very strong. Ah, well, I worked out for an hour and half today, so THERE! LOL.

We got a new dog and I have to stop being a brokeass SAHMama and get a job. More on those updates later.

Going to watch Aliens, now. I've never seen it.

P.S. Go see 1408. It's great, and John Cusack totally rocks my boat.

No comments: