Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ya Want Fries With That?

I recently began the journey of looking for a full-time job. We are in such a way that we need me to start bringing in some income. I have my Masters' degree in Clinical Psychology, which is pretty much useless without 3000 supervised hours, which I haven't gotten because I've been a SAHM for the past five years.

I've applied for a position within the Dept. of Corrections that would utilize my degree, and so far that is the only place that has received my resume.

I was speaking with a friend of mine last week and casually brought up that I might be interested in looking into becoming a Personal Assistant. (The idea of organizing and scheduling someone else's life really appeals to me.) He says to me, "Actually, I'm looking for just that and you were the first person I thought of."

To make a long story short, I will be earning a very nice compensation for becoming his new P.A., working from home 85% of the time, and may even be doing some traveling with him (day trips). I will be gaining experience in a new field and best of all, I will still be able to stay home and raise my children.

The Walrus is opening up a whole bunch of doors for himself in the writing field. Note: If flying Midwest Express in November or December, look for a Milwaukee-centered article written by him!!

Things are starting to really change in this Year of the Pig. Fortune will find it's way into our home, pounds and pounds of fat will find it's way out (The Walrus and I are at something like 54 combined pounds lost). I have a friend who just received surprising, but excellent news, and I hope that similar news will eventually find it's way into our lives again. Right now, I'm content being a mother of two, but I will not give up on the dream to add to our family.

I just feel like saying...

... have Peace, my friends.

1 comment:

supermiffy said...

congratulations on your new developments. Best of luck in your new endeavors!