Friday, January 26, 2007

Future M.I.L.F. Weigh-In One:

I know that I've just had you guys waiting in utter anticipation for this number. See, my Weigh-in day at WW is Tuesday nights. I am not quite sure how to coincide that with Weigh-in Day for MILFs, so for now, unless otherwise instructed by the M.I.L.F. Diva, I am going to use my Tuesday weight for weigh-in days.

And without further ado:

Pounds lost: 3.8

Woooo hoooo! That's on the first week of WW. Thank you, thank you very much. Doesn't make me any less obese, but I'll get there.

I've decided I'm going to weigh-in on our home scale on Fridays, too. Maybe this is overkill and unnecessary but what the hell. Who's gonna care? So, next week I'll post my Tuesday weight loss as well as my Friday weight-loss. So, my at-home weight today is:

--5

Ha! You thought I would post it in it's entirety, didn't ya? Nope! Actually, that's about 3 or so pounds down from the last time I weighed on that scale, but that scale is unreliable.

I need a little help here. I don't understand where this is coming from, but thoughts of resentment toward losing weight are creeping into my head. Getting a little peeved about not being able to eat what I want, etc. I hate when I start to feel like that because it's so easy to betray myself, and then I can really stuff my face. During my last weight-loss venture I did the Fat Smash Diet, as seen on Celebrity Fit Club on Vh-1, and I lost 10 or so pounds and then one day I ate a whole box of macaroni and cheese. Why do I do this to myself? I have no discipline.

But, if not now, when? Right? I have to do it. If you're this full of self-loathing appearance-wise, then you need to just step up to the plate and do it, right?

Because, if not now, when?

5 comments:

sillychick said...

Yeah, I know those feelings all too well. You should acknowledge them, realize what they are and try to move past them as quickly as possible.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I did get my psychiatry degree from an online class...however did you know? :-)

Look, you're doing great. I've made my change (mindwise) by telling myself about the great things I'm doing, and not about the bad things I"m missing out on. We'll always have cravings, we'll always have some days where we mess up. But it's whether or not we do things to correct these things that will make or break us.

As far as that 3-5 lb loss not making you any less obese? Yes it does. I consider my 8 lbs so far to be a huge loss. Try carrying something around that weighs what you lost...you'll get the idea real quick.

Good luck, chicky, and keep up the good work!

TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Way to go. I'm proud of you. I know you're doing the work.

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I have those same issues! Seems like I am just getting on a roll and I blow it BIG TIME! Maybe you should treat yourself every once in a while...just so you don't binge! Congratulations on the weight loss! Hope to see less of you next week.

Julie Pippert said...

Congrats on 3.8...awesome!! And don't denigrate it...down is down. You are less this week than you were last. That's really good. And 5 total! WTG!

I do understand how you feel, completely. I had a minimum loss goal of 40 lbs. That felt too big to even contemplate. But 2-3 pounds a week consistently and I was amazed today to realize I am down 27 pounds! It makes the extra 5-10 I'd like to lose to be at my perfect size feel possible.

So I was hating mirrors, clothes, having to go anywhere, and I know that feeling so well. Now I'm feeling like, hey, good, I'm okay.

You are doing great!!!

Mom O Matic said...

Excellent work! And oh how I hate term obese. Every pound or half pound, or third of a pound brings you closer to good health!