Thursday, January 25, 2007

Have you ever been stretched?

Miss Silly has been sick since Monday, as previously mentioned. Miss Serious has been relatively patient and cooperative given the fact that she is three. Being stuck in the house and constantly cleaning up vomit has left me a little ornery and high-strung.

Today I pulled Miss Serious aside and thanked her for her cooperation and patience this week. I told her I intended to reward her with a special treat.

Me: I don't want you to feel left out. It's easy to feel left out when your sister is sick.
Her: I feel left out.
Me (surprised, actually): You do?
Her: Yes. What does "left out" mean?
Me: If you don't know what it means, then...
Her: I am so stretched out.
Me: What?
Her: I am so stretched out.
Me: Stressed out?
Her: Yes. Stressed out.

Chuckle chuckle. Give the kid a Dilly Bar (5 points).

In weight related news, I am feeling sooo bingey lately. I think it's the boredome, but my hands just want to stuff my face. Thank goodness there isn't a large bag of plain M & Ms in this house. I would enjoy them one by precious one. Mmm Mmm.

Weigh-in for M.I.L.Fers is tomorrow. Are you on pins and needles?

1 comment:

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I am also prone to binging when I am bored. Bored, stressed, anxious, happy, sad....you get the picture! I am a little nervous about the weigh in tomorrow. Hope it goes well for you. I am hoping for 2 to 3 pounds. We'll see!