Monday, January 29, 2007

The Weekend


Checkout http://nicolewardall.yourpassionconsultant.com, browse the "Passion Toys" and go to Mom-O-Matic for further instructions.

This was a good weekend for us, activity-wise. I had been looking forward to Saturday for quite awhile. It started off with me getting a Papaya Enzyme Facial from my mom at the salon she works at. This involves lots of cool goop being spread on your face with a little paint brush. It feels so nice. Then she proceeds to give you a leg and foot massage and then an upper back and arm and hand massage. I looooooovvvve me some hand massages.

After that, I headed downstairs to get my feet all pampered and pretty. Full-on Spa Pedicure, complete with sugar scrub, mask, and foot massage (yes, that's right, my feet got massaged twice). Finish it off with a nice, not-too-showy color and you've got pretty tootsies.


Spa manicure next with paraffin wax treatment (my hands get so dry they crack and bleed in the winter). That TOTALLY worked! My hands have looked and felt much better since Saturday.

Then my in-laws came down to watch the girls so The Walrus and I could head to a game night at our friends' house. Oh what fun! Sitting around with a bunch of adults, talking like adults, saying adult things, playing games, laughing... it was just what this Mama needed after a week on Vomit Detail.

And you know, a party always comes complete with snacks - lots of good snacks. I had kept all of my flex points for this weekend. I didn't want to go too nuts, and I actually did pretty great at the party. There was a kick-ass artichoke dip there and I had some of that (yeah, I know, not too great, but I could have eaten more), and there were cookies (I had a few), fruit, veggies, chips, chips, chips, etc. I skipped the cake, most of the chips. The point is, I showed restraint. I did much better than I would have if I wouldn't have been On Program.

The next day was a corned beef and cabbage dinner at my Nana's house. My Irish blood runs greener on days like this... I love this meal. So does The Walrus, though more so when he hasn't had a few too many the night before. I am not as proud of myself with this experience. I think I just threw in the towel at one point, eating a brownie, but I was able to skip the angel food cake - one of my favorites. So there's that, I guess.

Off to the YMCA today where Miss Serious will be in a class and I'll check Miss Silly into Kid Care for the first time and I can work out for an hour, then maybe take a little swim.

I weigh in at WW tomorrow. I gotta work off that corned beef meal!!

3 comments:

mimikatemom said...

The spa treatment sounds heavenly. I can tell that your plan will work for you...you're headstrong and committed and you're so worth the effort! Keep up the good work! :)

mommiebear2 said...

Sounds like fun. I entered to win over at Lotta's!!!! I hosted a party for Pure Romance a few months ago - what fun! I got me a B.O.B.!! :)

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Vomit and vibrators. A perfect combo.