Monday, January 22, 2007

I had that one coming...

It's inevitable. Food goes in the living room, food gets on the floor. But usually only if it's ravioli, chocolate milk, open-face jelly sandwiches, or, in this case, strawberry applesauce.

I walk into the living room and find an overturned strawberry applesauce container on the living room floor. And then across the floor are millions of gallons of applesauce splatters. Man, that stuff can travel.

I was upset with Miss Serious because she had evidently knocked it over while jumping up to run into the kitchen to talk to me, but never mentioned that it had spilled. Several minutes had lapsed before I saw the mess and asked her why she didn't tell me, or why she didn't clean it up herself (see, earlier in the day she had spilled an ENITRE pitcher of Crystal Light Raspberry Ice drink on the kitchen floor - thank goodness I hate carpeted kitchens - and just sat there while hubby and I mopped up the mess).

Me: Where was your head, Miss Serious?
Her: It's on my neck, where it's supposed to be. What do you think?

Damn three year-olds. They always have a comeback.

In food-related news, I had a surprisingly excellent treat-filled weekend and didn't go over in POINTS! In fact, I was under .5 POINTS each day. Holy shit! You know what this means??? (insert your favorite "epiphany" music here) I CAN eat like a normal person, I CAN have lots of yummy treats! I can do it in moderation!

My head is spinning from all of these new-found revelations.

OH OH OH!!! I also have to mention that we've had our house on the market for a year - and we've been living in our new one for over a year, so yeah, we're paying two mortgages on a single-family income and eating out of garbage cans (which is probably why I'm staying within my POINTS) because two mortgages are a LOT of mortgages. Anyway, finally, yesterday our dear, stumped realtor calls to say we have an offer. Our FIRST offer!!!

I. Am. So. Relieved.

I was kidding about eating out of garbage cans, though.

2 comments:

TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

That's a funny read!

MamaMaven said...

Congrats on the offer on the house. We went through that hell last summer and I can't imagine doing it for a year, we'd be eating out of dumpsters naked. Hope it all works out!